11/22/13

Vanilla Maple Almond Butter


I have always been a peanut butter girl. I didn't really like the taste of almond butter until I made it myself! It's extremely easy, satisfying, and yummy!


You will need:
Oven
Food processor
Raw almonds
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla extract

Roast a large pan of raw almonds in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until they start to crackle. When they have cooled (I put them in the freezer for a few minutes), throw them in the food processor until the almond butter is extremely runny. This will take several minutes, so be patient! Add the maple syrup and vanilla to taste and process until smooth. Yields two small jars. 

Now you have your very own homemade almond butter! Put it on bread, oatmeal, smoothies, or just eat it from the jar. Enjoy ;)