4/6/14

Double Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free, Vegan)



If you're looking for a classic, easy, can't-go-wrong chocolate cake that is sure to be a hit with everyone, this is the recipe for you.



Again not the healthiest of recipes (I mean, it's cake) but I guarantee it's sure to be a hit. I entered this cake in a contest at church and it actually won all three of the prizes (Most Creative, Most Delicious, and Most Beautiful). Not bad for a gluten free and vegan cake! I wish I could have gotten more pictures, but it was gone before I knew it!

The secret to this wonder cake? Cherry Coke and Cake Mix.

Ingredients


Instructions

Prepare the cakes per the directions on the box, using Earth Balance in place of the butter, the ener-g in place of the egg, and the coke in place of the water (this makes the cake very sweet. You can use half coke and half water if you wish). Cook in two round greased cake pans until a toothpick comes out clean. After they've cooled, Carefully assemble the two cakes with a thick layer of chocolate frosting. (If you've never assembled a cake before, here is a great tutorial).

Since frosting a cake can sometimes be a big hassle, I find it much easier to pour on the frosting. Detailed instructions of how to do this are at Sweet C's Designs . For an extra touch, cover your cake with sprinkles while the frosting is still setting.

I hope you enjoy this cake just as much as I did! Bon appetit!